Thursday, July 19, 2007

Change

Seems like cockiness comes with becoming thinner. Or maybe it’s just confidence. I wouldn’t know. It’s new to me. All my life I’ve been obese. As I gradually loose weight I find myself staring at the mirror and actually liking the way I look. I actually care what I look like or what I wear for the day. A simple task that involves taking the garbage outside now takes fifteen minutes instead of five. My hair has to be the right way. My clothes should look descent. What if my neighbor happens to be standing outside? I wouldn’t want them to think I‘m shabby or don’t take care of myself. I swear it never used to be this way. Even going out to family events, I take the time to wear the right kind of blush, eye shadow and lip gloss. Even my attitude is changing. I’m more positive and enthusiastic about stuff. When people put me down I just shrug it away and go on with my life. If it were said to me in the past, I would have nodded, agreed with the person and done nothing about the situation. People notice it too. Now I get complimented a lot. You look nice. You’re loosing weight. You look different. That’s cause I am different. Weird. I’m turning into the people I hated the most-chirpy, happy skinny people. And you know what, I look forward to it.

No comments: